Extraordinary Women Ignite
HOW TO LAUNCH A SUCCESSFUL PODCAST | Speaker: Alex Sanfilippo
#1. WHY YOU SHOULD OR SHOULDN’T START A PODCAST
- Don’t start one if: You want to grow your audience, influence, or celebrity status.
- Don’t start one if: You want to make a lot of money being a creator.
- Start one if: You want to further develop know, like, and trust with your ideal clients.
- Start one if: You want to establish yourself as the authority on a certain topic/field.
- Ultimately it’s about serving people!
^ Not sure if you should start a podcast? Be a guest first to see if you like it! You can find great guesting spots on PodMatch. Here’s an exclusive discount link: https://joinpodmatch.com/podcastconnectoragency. Also, if you do start a podcast, you can also find great guests, like Kami Guildner, on PodMatch!
#2. GET YOUR GEAR AND TECH RIGHT FROM THE START
- Condenser Microphone (Recommendation: Shure MV7 USB)
- 1080p HD Camera (Recommendation: Logitech Brio 4k USB Webcam)
- Squadcast – For Recording (https://squadcast.fm + Coupon code: PODMATCHMONTH for 50% off 2 months of Pro and Studio plans)
- Buzzsprout – For Hosting (https://www.buzzsprout.com/promo – Use code 3FREE for 3 months free)
- Use Only Your Existing Platforms
#3. DETERMINE WHO THE PODCAST WILL BE FOR & HOW IT WILL SERVE
#4. STRATEGICALLY LAUNCH YOUR PODCAST TO GAIN INSTANT BUZZ AND TRACTION
- Don’t do a pre-launch (Don’t waste your time, listen to this: Why You Should Start Ugly)
- Ask your friends via text to share the podcast with people they know.
- Make it feel human, avoid making fancy graphics and salesy requests to listen (Listen/watch this, Keep It Human)
- Keep it community-driven (Listen to this interview I did on the topic with my friend Michael Roderick)
#5. COMMIT TO SMALL DAILY ACTIONS TO GROW YOUR PODCAST AUDIENCE
- Reach out one-on-one to people who need what you have. (Listen/watch this to learn The Ultimate Podcast Growth Hack)
- ASK listeners to share the episode in a midroll on each of your episodes.
- Build a community around it.
- Be a guest on other people’s podcasts (5 Quick Wins For Starting To Be A Guest On Podcasts)
#6. POSITION YOUR SHOW TO GENERATE LEADS NOT TO BE A REVENUE STREAM
#7. KEEP THE RIGHT PERSPECTIVE IN PODCASTING:
- Do for one what you wish you could do for all.
- Seek to be a person of value, not a person of profit.
I have two final things that I’d love for you to do:
FIRST, Listen/watch this if you want to make it as a podcaster, 5 Reasons Why Podcasts Fail.
LAST, Follow/Subscribe to my podcast, Podcasting Made Simple.
“Thank you again for having me at Extraordinary Women Ignite! It was truly an honor to spend time with you. My prayer is that something I shared added value to your journey. If there’s ever anything I can do to help or serve you, please reach out to me! I look forward to connecting with you again soon.” – Alex Sanfilippo